Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Can You Feel 2010?...I Can



Imagine This:

- Sydney Botanical Gardens
- A group of friends
- One of the most famous sights in the world, Sydney Harbour
- The largest and most technologically advanced fireworks display in the world.
(over 3,000 kilograms of explosive devices, including approximately 10,000 shooting comets and 100,000 individual pyrotechnic effects fired from Sydney Harbour Bridge and seven barges on Sydney Harbour)

What you get with all of this???....arguably the best new years celebration in the world.

Ever since I saw Sydney's new years celebration on the tv, I always imagined how great it would be to be there experiencing it live....well I am less than 36 hours away from that becoming a reality.

Walking around the city, I see hundreds of meters of steal fences/barricades, and an influx of tourists in the roadways....its here, The New Year and 2010 will be here in no time....but not until one extremely proper farewell to 2009. Tomorrow will be great, even if it does rain as the forecast predicts.

It will require some commitment however, I have heard rumors that the can reach capacity as early as 10 am New years eve morning. A group of friends and I were planning around getting there around 1 to 2.  Hoping for the best.  You are not permitted to bring alcohol in....so that leaves me from midday all the way thru the new year of purchasing drinks, most likely around 6-7 dollars a drink.  That is something that just wont be affordable. Following the advice from an aussie, I am minutes away from embarking on a covert mission. I will be taking a bag of goon to the botanical gardens and will be conveniently placing(hiding) it somewhere inside the gardens..where it will then stay for 24+ hours until I retrieve it tomorrow afternoon after passing security alcohol free. I will be seen as a hero and legend among peers and will have a great new year without a too  serious of a bar tab. 

Happy New Year, be safe, drink responsibly, and careful who you are next to come the New Year, don't make a mistake with the fat girl next to you.


1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Joey. We'll be thinking of you when they show Sydney Harbor on TV!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete