Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm Not Here to Tell You What To Do, But Listen What I Tell You, And Do It

During this whole adventure, I know I will learn things about myself and who I am as a person, part of the reason why I decided to do this shindig anyway.  I would like to think that I have always had a positive outlook on things and take them as they come.

Well anyhow, I will get to the point of this post

In the restroom at the work and travel office, there was a list of 45 life thoughts, written by a 90 yr old columnist named Regina Brett

As I was going over her list,  i found myself following many of them, but also enjoyed her other points.  I have taken out a few of my favorites.

- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
- You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Don't compare your life to others'.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
- The best is yet to come.

Look at the Bright Side of Life

In honor of me being back in Sydney near chinatown, get some laughs out of these translations

THAT'S NOT RIGHT ......................... SUM TING WONG

STUPID MAN ............................... DUM FUK

SMALL HORSE .............................. TAI NI PO NI



DID YOU GO TO THE BEACH? ................. WAI YU SO TAN


I THINK YOU NEED A FACE LIFT .............CHIN TU FAT


THIS IS A TOW AWAY ZONE .................. NO PAH KING


GREAT .................................... FA KIN SU PAH


1 comment:

  1. We are enjoying your posts......Laughing a lot...
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete