Tuesday, November 2, 2010

World Series Champions

I had a feeling going into Game 5 that the Giants were going to show up and be victorious. I knew Lincecum was gonna have a solid game but was not sure offensively who was gonna deliver. Edgar Renteria answered in the top of the 7th and the Giants were on there way to clinching their first world series title in San Francisco. The long ball became a big part of the Giants postseason success. Win after win, a new player seemed to step up and be a hero for the Giants. I think much of the success can trace back to manager Bruce Bochy in making some phenomenal game plans. Some I questioned, but with winning results, it makes it a bit tougher to state my case.

The party back in San Francisco was something that I was truly honored to be a part of. It will go down as one of the most memorable nights in my life. I wish I had a counter for the number of high fives I gave out. Counting of the drinks I consumed is also a bit unclear. I can tell you though, that the night did start with a few bottles of champagne.

The drinks never tasted so good as the entire night was essentially a tribute to a team that provided so much entertainment over the years. The team was due, and so were the city and its fans. It was a night never to forget, and yes Brian Wilson, we raged, we raged hard.

Here's to you San Francisco Giants - World Champions 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment