Sunday, February 21, 2010

Franz Josef to Lake Wanaka

Tuesday February 16, 2010

The Magic Bus departed bright and early from Franz Josef at 730am.  My 4 hours of sleep the night before were no worries as I have quite an easy time sleeping on the bus.

The bus route today was Franz Josef to Queenstown, almost a 9 hour bus journey including stops. Thankfully for me, I decided to stop at Lake Wanaka, a beautful spot about 3 hours north of Queenstown.  The 2 days I spent there made it the best stop on the trip so far. More on this in the next post.

Anyhow, we still had a pretty good journey on the bus, stopping off at a few scenic spots, including the postcard perfect Lake Matheson.

Lake Matheson provided an unbelievable reflection of the sno-capped southern alps, giving me some of my best photos of the trip.  Its no suprise that this lake is often called "Mirror Lake."




Next off was some stop, forget the name but snapped this photo.


Made it into the beautiful blue Lake Wanaka around 4pm, about 2 hours later than expected. Anyhow the lake was looking spectacular



No comments:

Post a Comment