I am almost a week behind on blog updates, the first time I've ever been that backed up. Just shows how much of a great time I am having here and how adventure filled my trip is. It's a good thing.
TWO WEEKS left in New Zealand, which are the final 2 weeks in this legendary 5 month journey. Its gone by all so fast
Few quick things.
- Love New Zealand, everything I thought it would be and more
- If I HAD to choose whether to return to New Zealand or Australia, I would choose New Zealand.
- Something about it here, just more me I guess
- Learned heaps of culture and history, there really are millions of sheep here, man
- I haven't bought a single water bottle the entire time here. The tap water here rivals the best tap water I've ever had, Lake Tahoe of course. The water here though taste very very good.
- Hostels here are great, very clean, cheap
- Lovin the conversion rate
- Did my first new zealand laundry, will be the last.
- I usually have to smell my clothes in my bag to see if they are clean are not, I just don't know anymore
- My new balance shoes smell so bad its embarrassing when I take them off. They have traveled all over europe and now australia and new zealand. Only a few more hikes left here and they are gone. Even I can't bare the smell.
- Really looking forward to the next 2 weeks. Leave for the North Island in 2 day, via a 40 dollar plane ride...20 dollars cheaper that the 3 hour ferry, gain 2 days of travel too, damn im good
Anyhow, came across some interesting facts today in the hostel toilet stall, ill share a few with you
Picture is from the Bushman Centre, its Pete
- Your thumb is the same length as your nose
- It takes 120 drops of water to fill a teaspoon
- You share your birthday with approximately 9 million other people
- The screwdriver was invented before the screw
- The average person takes 7 minutes to fall asleep
- There are no clocks in Las Vegas casinos
- Hummingbirds are the only bird that can't fly backwards
- Cat's urine glows under a black light
Beat Canada US Hockey team
over and out
Joe "The Kiwi"